Monday, May 26, 2008

2nd Year Anniversary

Time really flies by. This is the exact day I left East Timor 2 years ago. The immigration stamp on my passport reminded me of my short-lived days there. I have learned much in these 2 years and for that, I am grateful.

I am just wondering how long my patience will last. It is indeed wearing thin. Very soon, it will be the 3rd year. Will I be back by then? Or will I still be in Singapore? Am I now a bird in a cage? Or a bird in training? Maybe I am both. Both are well-fed and well-taken care of. But neither one taste real freedom.

Wait for me, I will return soon. Wait for me, I will see your smile and your beauty again. O Timor Lorosae, wait for me.

2 comments:

Liu said...

Hi Jason,

I'm very haapy to find out your blog and your website. I'm also planning to go to East Timor at the end of Sep (but just for 1 week for travelling), thus I'm looking around to see whether I can get more info for this fantastic country.

I'm also living in Singapore (though i'm from Hong Kong but working here now). A few months ago when I saw the TV program 稀遊記 2 in channel-U, it talked about a Singaporean working in a orphanage in East Timor. For that moment, it raised my interest in East Timor. Finally I decide to set it for my next destination (as I'm also a travel lover).

Hope I can meet you in Singapore before I start my East Timor trip!

Cheers,
Joseph

Jason said...

Hi Joseph,
I'm happy to know another person who is interested in Timor. In the 稀遊記 2 episode, the family featured are working there but not in an orphanage. They run english classes and computer classes for the local people. The orphanage featured is in Cambodia. Both of them happened to be my friends. What a small world. Email me at revivalgen.jasonlee@gmail.com and we can perhaps arrange to meet up and talk more about Timor. For some photo essays of Timor, go to http://www.byjason.org/timor/index.html