Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm free but how about them?

While awaiting my return to Timor, I'm actually pretty free now. So I got myself another blog at yourwill.blogspot.com and write more personal stuffs there. My friend exclaimed the other day, "wah! now you have 2 blogs! you so free ah!" I laugh at it and smiled but sometimes having all the time in the world is not exactly a good thing. I'm sure you know what I'm saying.

Tumbleweed just posted a post about an attack on some local journalist in Timor bcos the crowds thought the journalists supported the ousted-prime minister by putting out the news about him. These people too, had a lot free time. Sadly, there's not enough jobs, not enough money, not enough food, not enough education, not enough role-models and many not-enoughs in East Timor; and this free time coupled with energy, anger, lies, manipulation and other no-goods have turn the people against each other. I am free(pun intended) but how about them? I'm free of poverty, of illiteracy, of needs and of many things but how about them? The world can't provide a solution. The freedom they got serves them no purpose nor has it benefitted them in this ever cruel world. What they really need is freedom in God. Jesus said he came to "give us life and life abundantly"(john 10:10) With such a promise of abundance, there is freedom in everything - freedom from fear of having not enough food, of not getting a job, of rejection, of disease, of poverty and of hell. They need God, they need to hear God's word, and they need to see God's love. But how to achieve this unless someone goes to them? You are free, but how about them? Go.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor" Luke 4:18-19

No comments: